Run/Cycle With Us & Share The Road With Friends
Karen Track & Fitness Club has embraced runners of all types and walkers seeking to get fit and stay motivated; competitive as well as amateur runners and multi-sport athletes. What brings and keeps us together, besides exercise, is information, advice, and support; fun and exciting events; and camaraderie, friendship, and community.
Karen Track & Fitness supports athletes in reaching the Olympic podium, but we also inspire anyone who just want to discover what they’re made of. Because no matter where your start line is, we’re in it together. We have scheduled beginner runs/walk every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 4.30 PM starting from The Stables, on Karen Road. After introduction of new runners and walkers and brief announcements, everyone heads out at their own pace for either a 4km-8km run/walk. On Tuesdays and Saturdays at 7am we have 5km-20km running sessions at Karen End Forest and starting at Karen End Administration Police Post on Dagoretti Road( 3km from the bub), On Sundays, at 7:00am we have cycling hill repetitions on Thogoto Hill along the Southern Bypass and starting from Karen End AP Post. We cannot use the forest during rainy days so the runs on Tuesdays and Saturdays will go along the feeder road running parallel to the southern bypass. We also include an option for longer runs on Saturdays for runners who would like to do 15km or more. > The start locations and courses for our Saturday and Sunday run/walks are posted on the web page. Water is available at the start/finish on both Saturday and Sunday as well as in at least one location about midway on the Sunday course. After our weekend runs, those who wish to do so gather to eat, drink, and socialize at a location designated on the web page and usually announced at the start of the run/walk. Our regularly scheduled run/walks include people of all ages and of all running and walking paces. Whatever your pace, it is likely that there will be others at the same pace, particularly when the weather is good and there is a large group.
Events & Challenges
Our club organise several in-house running, cycling, duathlon and triathlon events every year to test the progress of the members. We also attend several other local an international sporting events to challenge our members to seek heir heights in the fitness journey
Popular Events Include
- Karen New Year Resolution Trail Run
- Lukenya Trail Run
- Shompole Wildlife Marathon
- WildMan Triathlon - Watamu
Although we don’t have a lot of rules, there are some guidelines that we ask people to follow.
- Please don’t use skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates, during a run/walk.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- We know that some folks like to listen to music while they run but we encourage conversation.
- Although we love children, we cannot take responsibility for those who are not old enough to take care of themselves if they were to get lost or have something happen.
- Above all, be courteous and respect others. As an organization of members of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, this will ensure that our Club provides a great experience for everyone.